Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toe Socks...no....TOE SHOES!

okay...so I saw some lady wearing these at the bank the other day.
























My first thought was "What the Hell are those?!"


I know people who like toe-socks and I think they are comfortable enough...but toe-shoes? They must be really popular in other countries because I had never seen them before. These shoes look really funny. I still don't know what to think about them. I looked them up online ( they are called Vibram FiveFingers ) and this is what is said about them:

"FiveFingers enhance your sense of touch and feel, while improving foot strength, balance, agility, and range of motion. The footwear connects you to the earth and your surroundings in a way that is simply not possible in conventional shoes. They liberate you to move in a more natural, healthy way. FiveFingers stimulate the muscles in your feet and lower legs to build strength and improve range of motion."

Apparantly you can do all kinds of things in them, as they are made in many different fashions and materials. Here is a running list of what all you can do in them:
Light Trekking, Climbing, Canyoneering, Running, Fitness Training, Martial Arts, Yoga, Pilates, Sailing, Boating, Surfing, Flats Fishing, Traveling, CrossFit, Bouldering, & Water Sports.

I am really tempted to try them on and see how they feel. I already know how they look! But I suppose I shouldn't judge them too harshly; I mean Croc's are popular and they certainly aren't particularly attractive.

Anyway - weird, weird sighting.

2 comments:

  1. Those are the strangest things I've EVER seen!! They would feel really weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny indeed, the pair on the left look like driving gloves for feet and the other pair look like something a hoaxer might use to leave Bigfoot prints.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...