Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Avatar 3D

So this month, I was lucky enough to go see Avatar in the theaters twice! I was a bit wary because of the hype, but I am so glad I went! This new film will really win out at the Oscars. The plot was done before in other formats (Think: Fern Gully, Atlantis, or Dances with Wolves), but the thing that makes the difference is the computer graphics. I don't know much about CIG and such, but I can tell that this was a huge leap in what we are able to do. The shift and mix of human acting and computer generated images was flawless. It was completely believable that these humans were in this other world and the facial expressions on these other beings was spot on. Seeing it in 3D may have spoiled me a bit however. How am I supposed to watch it in plain old 2D when it comes out on DVD?
Anyhow, I highly recommend this movie if you can sit through it! It has a good message and the effects are spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still on the fence about whether I will like this movie or not. I will most definitely see it when it comes out on DVD, though. I'm not a huge fan of movies that use a lot of fake computer graphics... but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...