Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Music Monday - Keepin' It Real

For today's post I thought I would link off of The Rustic Wolf and do a Music Monday tribute.

Today's amazing artist award goes to JESSIE J.

Mike and I heard this Brit's chops displayed on Saturday Night Live this past weekend and were both blown away.

She is an up-and-comer in the Pop/R&B genre and has her first album coming out next month. I have to also add that she writes her own music, because well, that's important to me and it's a sign of her dual talent.

She's got an interesting look about her that reminds me of a dark Camron Diaz.

Her style on the other hand shows the true makings of a Diva. A little Lady Gaga, a little Beyonce, with a mix of Katy Perry.

Jessie's voice on the other hand...unlike any of those women.

I would probably cross her with Amy Weinhouse, Christina Agulara, and Lily Allen as far as vocal sound goes, which is an awesome blend!

She's got all the makings for a huge star and I like her already. Even if you're not into her style, quirkiness, or music, you have to admit she has some GREAT pipes on her!

Check out the video I posted below to get yourself a taste of some Jessie J!



This song was one of my favorites and has a little blues/funk quality I love.
Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. OOHH! She's FANTASTIC! I couldn't have described her music, her style or looks any better myself! GREAT find, and thank you MUCH for sharing!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking Britain's Neo-Soul movement that is going on right now. Check out Adele if you haven't already heard of her. She is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...