Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

This Is What Happens When I Don't Pay Attention

Today I ate a big brownie!




Let me set the stage -


I was at work. I was juggling 8 different things and very distracted. My coworker pops her head into my office and asks if I want a brownie. I nod my head in what I hope seems like I am listening, but I'm not.

She holds the plate out and I grab one, eyes still on the computer screen. I mumble 'thank you' and without even stopping to think about what I am doing (it was close to lunch and I was already starving), I ate it.

I ate it in huge bites. That is until I realize that I am eating a large chocolate brownie. Then I exclaim "damn it!" and my other coworker looks at me like I am crazy.

It was too late. I had one bite left and had already consumed the majority of the calories, so I sighed and stuffed the last bite in my mouth.

(This was me, but staring at the computer)

I think I need to learn to do one thing at a time. I have always been a multi-tasker, but this time, my diet suffered because I couldn't take a second to think about what I was stuffing into my face.


Good job Alissa. Jeez!

Anyhow, I swapped my traditional lunch of a sandwich and fruit for a salad and made sure to add 30 minutes more to my gym time this evening. I did what I could.

As disappointed as I am that I mindlessly ate what was probably 300-500 calories, that brownie was DELICIOUS. Well at least the last bite was. I didn't really appreciate the first 6.

I'll update you as soon as I reach my next goal. I am hoping to lose another 2 lbs this week if I can keep the gym time strong and quit eating brownies.


But it's so hard! I love chocolate! Damn you sweet tooth!




4 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad, Philip sent me out to get cake tonight. But it was oh so worth it! :)
    Oh... and I bought a huge carton of goldfish "for bennett"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it. Honestly, if realized it was bad, and you got a craving out of the way, it's totally okay. For me, I have been so strict at the gym and with my foods, that I do have a "treat" once a week. It's not going to kill your workout regime, and at that time it was "bad" at least you are realizing what you needed to do work it off that evening.

    Today, I had my weekly treat... A caramello, and I loved EVERY bite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up. It's not about that one time. It's about a collection of those one times. I have a chocolate tooth too, sometimes dark chocolate chips and almonds mixed together do the trick for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember it was just one brownie and not a whole pan. If you don't get a treat every once and a while you will go crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...